Tuesday, December 29, 2009

appreciating own company

People often get scared by this thought, spending time with oneself. But if we think thoroughly, is there any person in this world who is absolutely out of human touch? Unless he lives in some god forbidden place.

 

We always have so many things around us which keep us directly or indirectly connected to others..phone, television, radio, internet, books, movies….

 

I am not asking anyone to confine himself or herself to rooms and live a lonely life against will. My opinion is in today’s busy world if we are forced a life where we don’t have much company or no company at all then enjoy that solitude.

 

People of younger age are more vulnerable to this feeling, I too have been once. I lived away for a year in a state where nothing was common to west bengal, and only handcounted relatives. So I used to spend my free time roaming around the roads in my sunny or licking the brain of a tenant of the same house.

 

But slowly I made a habit of staying alone, I saw people will raise their eyebrow in both cases and pass remarks, but in the second condition, that is my present way of life, I will have full control on my time, my life and I will never feel like a fool when I will look back at it.

 

I utilize my time with myself by  listening to music, writing, reading or working. There are too many productive hobbies we can take up. But I always take up a hobby to enjoy, not to toil on. They always leave me refreshed, looking forward to do it again. We should always select hobbies which wil leave us a better person, and enhance our capacity as a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment