Wednesday, January 6, 2010

be responsible

People often say that the things which happen to us are results of our own actions, in this life or past life.

 

I don’t believe in this, because I have seen evil flourish and virtue perish more than a thousand times. But I believe that when we take the responsibility and consequences of our willing actions with dignity and strength we prove that we are matured.

 

If we have that strength in ourselves two benefits can be reaped from that, one, we will think ten times before doing any thing which may cause negative impact. Two, we will go to sleep with a peaceful mind, we will know that we committed a mistake and we paid the price. We bore the punishment with dignity, we did not cried or complained or attempted to blame some one else for our own fault. I think it’s a very big victory upon our own weakness, the tendency of disowning our own mistakes.

 

So my earnest prayer to God is to give me the mental strength to be  fully responsible for my own, willing actions and accept their consequences, by heart, soul and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment